CDI will analyze an antibody against thousands of human proteins
Both native and denatured. At two working concentrations.
The data points will traverse ~87% of the human proteome.
We’ll deliver a detailed specificity summary in about 2 weeks.
The benefits of highly-characterized reagents - including antibodies - to users and producers are clear and cannot be overstated:
- Persuasive proposals:Fund regularly.
- Robust research:Publish faster.
- Diagnostics / targeted therapeutics:Develop earlier; cut costs.
- Competitive advantage:Commercialize smarter.
However, many investigators are UNAWARE of the potential problems with the specificity of antibodies, suggesting a need for new methods of characterization for antibodies being considered for use in serious scientific investigations, grant proposals or for commercialization purposes.
“Am I using the right antibody?”
Whether managing a research program, a reagent company R&D lab or a diagnostic/therapeutic antibody initiative, you will benefit from learning more about an antibody BEFORE you use it (or sell it).
Early in your process, challenge:
- Does it actually recognize the intended target?
- Is it cross-reactive? If so, is it statistically significant? With what proteins?
- Does working concentration impact specificity?
- Is it recognizing native or denatured protein - or both?
Separately, these questions seem daunting. Collectively, they can be overwhelming. Just gaining a few answers can be costly, time-consuming, labor-intensive and of low-value.
HighSpec™ Antibody Cross-Reactivity Testing … a tremendous leap in antibody quality validation offered as a service by CDI Laboratories.
High-Throughput. Cost-Effective. Comprehensive.
And powered by CDI HuProt™, the largest collection of microarrayed human proteins in the world.
- Highly Sensitive: ~100x more sensitive than Western Blotting (Michaud et al., 2003).
- Qualitative: Reactive proteins identified by location on array, not mass-spec of gel band cut-outs.
- Rapid: Results in days, not months.
- Economical and efficient.